Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Any recommendations on a VST plugin for EBM?

I currently use Future Audio Workshop Circle synth for sounds but its really geared towards an Acid sound over anything industrial and I really want to catch that Clock DVA (Buried Dream) Nitzer Ebb (That total age) sound.

any help would be great thanks.
Back to the top

I don't know much about VSTs since I use mostly hardware but you should be able to achieve that NE bass sound with pretty much any synth or plugin.

I know it's not the cheapest but Massive should take care of most "synth needs".

:)
Back to the top

Get Reaktor. It can do anything.

If you need free though, Togu Audio has some cool synths that do very decent bassline sounds.
TAL - Togu Audio Line: Products

TAL-Bassline and TAL-Elek7ro are good synths.

Making old school basslines though is not about what you use. It is how you use it. If your synth is too much "acid", you are using single layer waveforms and too much resonance. Try layering different waveforms an octave apart. Try layering in white or pink noise and keep that attack sharp and bumpy. Acid uses glide/portamento. EBM is sharper, more defined.

Another tip. Do not focus on melodies in your bassline. Not at first anyhow. The idea in the beginning is to get a bass sound and your drums to be cohesive and effective. Get a strong bar going, and then build it from there. Surgical ideas. Do not always add new stuff. Sometimes cut things away and see how the overall texture changes.

Good luck.

`michael
Back to the top

^ 100% authentic stellar multi-layered top notch solid advice from this guy, as always.

:)
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.